Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi


On another Sunday when I went to see the Holy Mother, I found that some devotees had already arrived and that others were coming. As I made Pranam to the Mother, she said, "Sit for a while." She gave me some Prasad which I began to eat. Then I said to her, "Mother, I don't find a day when I can disclose to you everything that's in my mind."


Mother: I have to attend to the problems of all my children. But you may ask one or two questions. I shall answer them.


Disciple: Mother, there are very poor people who cannot afford to travel to Varanasi or any such holy place. How can they gain the merit which others visiting those places obtain?


Mother: Why, they can gain the same merit by visiting Dakshineswar or Belur Math, provided they have such genuine faith! He for whom one visits Varanasi is present at Dakshineswar and Belur Math.


Disciple: Mother, what is the way for us?


Mother: Why do you fear? The Master himself will do everything for those who have received his blessings or have somehow come in contact with him.


-RECORDED BY Dr. SURENDRANATH ROY

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vallalar Birthday Today

Yoga Mudras for Life

Sad News:500-yr-old Kalahasti temple tower collapses